I am honored and touched to have been nominated for the Liebster Award twice within a week or so, first by Anna of Beauty by Shortylegs and then by Dea of Her Deauty.
The Liebster Award is a way of giving accolades to blogs with 200 or less followers. Basically, most of us who work hard at our blogs and aren’t famous for it.
I’ve been so busy, that I haven’t had time to answer the questions until now, but here we go!
The rules work like this:
* Answer the 11 questions set by the person giving you the award
* Nominate 11 other bloggers with 200 or less subscribers
* Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
Here were my questions from Anna of Beauty by Shortylegs:
1. What are your thoughts on Organic/Natural makeup? Have you used a lot of it? Own any products that are Organic/Natural?
I don’t go out of my way to use organic/natural makeup. It’s not a priority for me. If I have anything, I probably got it in my Birchbox. 🙂
2. Who is your top 5 favorite authors?
Jane Austen (cliché, I know), JK Rowling (ha), Terry Pratchett, Nick Hornby, Mercedes Lackey. (But I’m really more of a favorite books kind of person; some of my favorite books are from authors whose other works I don’t love.)
3. When you were a kid, who were your favorite artist(s)?
I’m not really sure if this means music artists or art artists. So I’m going to pick art artists, so as not to date myself. 😉 My dad took me to the Metropolitan Museum of Art once when I was young, and there was an Impressionist collection on view, and, yep. I’m one of those. So, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, Degas, and Toulouse-Lautrec.
4. What is your favorite lipstick? If you do not wear lipstick what is your favorite lip balm or lip gloss?
Ummmmm…I can’t pick just one. But I’m loving the By Terry Rouge Terrybly formula.
5. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? What annoys you to no end?
Text talk. I don’t care if it’s actually in a text message. And especially when a guy writes to me on an online dating site and can’t even spell out “you.” (Honestly, it’s only 2 more letters!)
6. Let´s say that you have your entire day free of anything in particular that you have to do. What do you do when you just want to relax?
Sit on the sofa, watch TV, and knit.
7. What is your favorite makeup brand?
I don’t have just one!
8. What is your favorite type of food?
9. Why did you start blogging and was it hard to decide what you wanted to blog about?
I started blogging partially to have a portfolio of writing that differed from the writing I do and hopefully to get to write things for the fashion/beauty industry. The other part was because I’m obsessed with makeup and fashion, I may as well right about it! So, it wasn’t hard to decide on a topic. 🙂
10. When it comes to eye shadows, do you prefer loose eye shadows or pressed ones?
Pressed ones. I always find loose ones make a mess.
11. Name your top 3 favorite nail polishes.
Illamasqua Stance, Essie Mint Candy Apple, and OPI Peace, Love, OPI.
And my questions from Dea of Her Deauty:
1. Describe you in one word.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Right now, it would be Paris. I’m just in a very French sensibility place in my life.
3. Heels vs Flats.
4. 3 holy grail beauty products.
Sunday Riley Good Genes, Clarins Lotus Treatment Oil, L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
5. What’s your favorite nail polish?
6. Who is your style icon?
7. If you could eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What is your star sign and do you believe in it?
Gemini. I’m so very Gemini, but I have 2 friends who are Aries, and one is totally spot on, and one is not at all, so I’m not sure if I actually believe it.
9. Favorite motivational quote that empowers you.
…The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
10. What is your wardrobe staple piece?
A fit-and-flare dress.
11. Your best kept beauty secret.
I don’t actually have any!
Finding 11 blogs to nominate was harder than I thought! First of all, I didn’t realize how many blogs I read have over 200 followers! Also, I would have nominated some people that I’m not sure would have been into doing this, and even though I had the same feeling at first, there’s no fun in it if it doesn’t continue.
So, here are the blogs that I nominate:
1. Blue Eyed Sight
2. Bisous, Mack
3. Once in Paris
4. Teen Beauty Lover
5. Ampersand Castles
7. Ineffable Beauty
8. Diary of a Curly Girl
9. Mademoiselle Vit
10. Sophie Plus Mode
11. Dress to Cook
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Do you have a favorite makeup brand, and what is it?
2. Your best kept beauty secret?
3. What is your no-fail makeup look, from eyeshadow to blush to lipstick?
4. Whose style do you admire?
5. Which blogger’s wardrobe do you wish you could shop in?
6. Do you think designer handbags are worth the price?
7. If you could only use one article of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What are your 5 favorite books?
9. What are your 5 favorite songs?
10. What trend do you wish you could try but are afraid to?
11. What was the last movie you saw that had you thinking for days?
Help me no longer be eligible for this award by following me on Bloglovin’. 😉