It’s no secret by now that I’m a huge fan of Bite Beauty. So when Sephora announced it was releasing a Bite Beauty Lip Lab Limited Release Crème Deluxe Lipstick each month, you knew I was going to cave. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘french’
*blows off the dust*
Well, hello, there! I know that it’s been an age. I’ll spare you the uninteresting details of how my day job has sucked up my life, but I just couldn’t let my 1 year blogiversary pass without a post.*
And a post about my first New York Fashion Week event ever! Yes, I said ever. Despite being a lifelong New Yorker. Hey, better late than never, right? And what a way to start it off, with the Maison Kitsuné Spring/Summer 15 collection, in all its adorable Frenchness. How fitting, n’est-ce pas?!
Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in New Moon is extraordinary. It’s hard to see in the swatches, but it has multicolored sparkles, ranging from the orange to the green to even the purple. I put together 2 looks to show its versatility.
I guess one of the benefits of having a beauty blog that some of your friends read, is that they always know what to get you when things like birthdays come up. Mine was a few weeks ago, and my dear friend Dagmar knew exactly what to get me: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper, all the way from the EU!
(Sorry for being late with this post. My World Cup distraction has reached epic proportions. But, seriously, am I the only beauty blogger out there who watches football?! I mean, really, it’s SO good!)
My whirlwind shopping trip to Paris (calling a spade a spade) a few months ago, saw me going just a little crazy at the By Terry counter. The truth is, I had so little time (I literally went straight from the store to my hotel to the airport), I had to just read things off my list, and I hadn’t had a chance to play with any of the summer collection. Once home, I saw swatches of the By Terry Tint to Lip Pink Palace and cursed my luck, because I knew it was going to have to be mine, and I could have gotten it for less in Paris.
One of my favorite things to do is to take something dressy and wear it for everyday by dressing it down with something casual. I finally got my long-coveted Alexandra Grecco tulle skirt, and the sun finally came out in New York, and so I spun together my favorite kind of OOTD: a magical one.
Today, I’m starting what I hope will be a new series on here, Comparatively Speaking. One of the things I find most valuable when buying new beauty products are swatches and color comparisons. Often, I can’t find comparisons of the specific products I’m looking for. Well, now, if you think like me and want to shop like me, it’s your lucky day, because I’m starting my own, and I’m starting with orange red lipsticks.
Incoming search terms:
- chanel incandescente
- Mac lipstick matte mangrove
Speaking of Celebrity Fashion Lust…
I saw part of Emma Stone’s Good Morning America interview wearing this, and kind of died a little inside. It’s perfection. And she has the high-heeled version of the shoes I want. Just in a different color. I want Valentino to out fit me in my life, too!
I know this is cheating a bit, but the question this week is:
Which of the two prizes I’m offering would you like to win? A Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm or a La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+?
Please note, these giveaways are open to US residents only, for the single reason that I brought these home from France for people to try since they are either not available or not as easily available here. I’ll have another international giveaway in the future.
Important rules and information:
- Enter via the Rafflecopter widgets below
- The prize is EITHER a Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm OR La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+. This giveaway is sponsored by SheDreamsinPerfectFrench.com and not affiliated with Nuxe or La Roche-Posay
- These giveaway is open to US residents only, except where prohibited by law
- The giveaways end at 12:00 am June 2, 2014 and one winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter for each giveaway
- You can only win one giveaway. If the same winner is chosen, a second winner will be selected
- The winners will be contacted via e-mail and have 72 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. This means you need to use a valid e-mail address when entering your information in the Rafflecopter widget. In the event the winner does not respond in that time period, another winner will be chosen
- All entries will be checked for validity, so there’s no getting around any of it 😉
1 2 3 … 8 Next